Monday, September 7, 2009

Lacey Temptation Cardigan

The last sweater that I am making for the upcoming KAL at the store is the Lacey Temptation Cardigan. This is a top-down, garter stitch sweater with a lacey/cable edging along the neckline. It was very cleverly written to start as a rectangle at the back top of neck. So smart!

Yarn: Vintage Wool
Needle: US 7
Other: Cable Needle; 6 stitch markers
(Note: The color in the photo is WAY off. It is actually a vibrant blue.)

I casted on Friday night and worked the back of the neck. From 2 am to 6 am Saturday morning and a few hours today, I knitted the yoke. I'm almost down to the divide for sleeves. I would suggest that in addition to swatching for gauge as noted in the pattern, you should measure your cable lace rectangle that you make at the beginning of the pattern. Mine came out really tight on a 6 (even though my st st swatch was fine). I changed to a 7 and the sweater is coming out great.

When I checked on the KAL on Saturday, we only had two spots left. The store opens again at 10 am on Tuesday if you want to get signed up!

No comments: