Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bramblewood Vest

One of the patterns I'm knitting for the upcoming KAL is the Bramblewood Vest. It is a lot of fun to make and I'm enjoying the cabling. Christina did a beautiful job, as usual! I did make a few alterations to alter fit after trying on the sample at the shop. This losing weight thing is awesome, but it does make for some tricky knitting when figuring out size.

Yarn: Tweedy Alpaca from Tahki
Needle: US 6
Sizing: I am making the 40", but am getting a slightly tighter gauge to make sure fit is good.
Mods: Shortening in the length
Others: I recommend putting markers on each side of the 26 cable stitches
Cable Needle
Pattern is on the www.knotions.com site.

Working like a mad woman to finish this up before our vacation so that I can wear it with cropped pants if it is cool enough.

No comments: