Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Yarn Bowl

I am always on the lookout for cool knitter things for gifts. Of course, my favorite site for unusual items is etsy.com. I found this yarn bowl there and thought it was so nice! I grabbed it up and have been waiting to rave about it, but I had to wait until Tonia opened it for her birthday gift!


You nest your ball of yarn in the bowl, string it through the opening and it stays all contained and neat. The texture of this one is very unique. Some of it was a glazed section and then one part was still rough. Every angle has a new view, and all are very pretty.

The inside was smooth so that your yarn doesn't catch on it.

I purchased this from www.FredParkerPottery.etsy.com. When I placed my order, I received a very nice personalized message from Fred discussing the artistry of the bowl. I'll definitely have to pick up one for myself at some point! Here's a link to subscribe to Fred's pottery newsletter.

2 comments:

Silvia M. said...

That is so nice, I had never seen a yarn bowl before. :-)

Tonia said...

I love my yarn bowl. I have used it every day since I opened my present. It looks great just sitting on the end table too. Thanks G- you really spoiled me :)
t