Friday, August 28, 2009

Viv's Hat

My friend, Kristy, asked me to make her daughter a hat and mittens to go with her new winter coat. Kristy had a certain style in mind for the hat and I was able to find this cute little pattern from Goldfishluv. I'm so happy with it that I might just make one for myself! (Viv has a larger head for a kid and I have a small one for an adult. How convenient!)

Pattern: Big Girl Bonnet (in Ravelry and at the earlier link)
Yarn: 1 skein of Berroco Vintage Wool in color Sunny
Hook: G
Mods: I left out the "through back loop" only row and just went through both loops instead.
Finished size: 21 inches

The hat worked up in a few hours. I really like the stitch pattern with the shells filling in each other. Might have to use that in a blanket soon... The little display stand is an item that Patrick put together for me to display hats. I would love to have a hat mannequin if anybody out there is looking to sell one.

This just in...Viv in her hat. So cute!!!!!!

1 comment:

Silvia M. said...

She looks adorable in it. :-)