Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Request for Knits

During our recent visit with our nephew Aidan, I received an unexpected knitting request. Aidan is a HUGE Spiderman fan. Last year I made him a hat that drops down into a Spiderman mask and I crocheted him an afghan that is a web. When Patrick went to the store, Aidan sat me down and said...

"Aunt Gina, I need to talk to you." Oh, so serious. "I have the mask and web, but I REALLY need the Spiderman top and hands. Can you make that for Christmas this year? I REALLY need them, Aunt Gina."

First, it totally cracked me up. You would have thought he was trying to impress on me how to save the world. Second, I was thrilled that he liked the things I made and thought this won't last that many more years! Third, I thought, "How the heck am I going to pull this off?!?" The hands--no problem. The top, yikes. Anybody have some pattern suggestions that can (here's the kicker) grow with him for a year? I've been informed that it must look exactly like what Spiderman wears--not a Spiderman motif top. I'm thinking take a normal sweater pattern and change up the design. However, the sizing thing........

No comments: