Sunday, August 30, 2009

IU Bag Part I

I loved making my sunflower B4 bag and wanted to knit one up in a solid. I thought about what I would carry and what customers might like as an example. I opted to make an IU bag, of course! Then came the question of how to make it interesting and tailored to IU... I decided to use the red for the bag, use basketball beads, and then needlefelt on the IU and Indiana in the button section. This post is part one.

Knitted, but not felted, and missing the handles.

The basketball beads...I only used 18 beads instead of 66.
The beads were purchased at the Bead Boutique in Carmel.
(If you plan to do a football one, check out the beads at Hobby Lobby.)

Pre-felt

Felted and drying on the blocking board.
I use ANYTHING around the house to hold shape. In this case, two beer growlers!

Pattern: B4 Bag from Once in a Bloomoon Creations
Yarn: 5 skeins of Plymouth Galway held doubled
Needles: US 13 circs 24"
Others: Beads, 2 stitch markers
Want to make this and want help? Sign up for a B4 workshop with me!
(Classes are listed over on the right.)

Stay tuned for Part II to see the finished bag with the needlefelting complete...

3 comments:

Trish said...

Very cute, and what a great idea! I can't wait to see your needlefelting!

Anonymous said...

Wow, really like this one Jen S

jajamom said...

there are never enough good uses for beer