Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Georgette Sweater

I finished up my Georgette sweater last night. This is a sweater that you can make in the Classic Cable Knits Knit Along at Stitches & Scones. It is a cropped, top-down sweater, with lace detailing. It was such a fun and fast knit! For those registered in the KAL, you will receive my project notes to help you through the pattern. Space is limited, so get signed up soon!

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos.
I'll take one wearing it after it is dry.

Yarn: Alpaca with a Twist Baby Twist
Amount: I used 1.25 skeins
Needles: 8 & 3
Size: 40" bust
Others: 2 buttons (not yet on)

This is a fantastic pattern for knitters who have not done lace before. The lace sections are pretty short, so the stress level would be lower. I did shorten mine to fit me correctly. I only did three lace repeats at the bottom of the sweater and then only 2 on the sleeves.

No comments: