Monday, August 10, 2009

Baby Hats

I've been knitting a lot of baby items as of late. I counted it up the other day and I know 10 people who are having a little one soon! Every day I find out about someone else is pregnant. Funny enough, I read an article that said there is not a baby boom. Hmmm...feels like it to me! I also didn't do a great job of keeping up with baby gifts in the past year, so I still owe some parents items.

I decided that I'm going to knock out a lot of baby hats. They are sooooo cute and knit up fast, but are still special. I picked up US size 5, 6, 7, and 8 needles in bamboo 16 inch because I strangely didn't have these sizes in my hundreds of needles. I have been making hats from a booklet of hats for babies and toddlers that I was given by my MIL when I first started knitting. I also LOVE the Itty Bitty Hats book. Tons of cute ones in there. If you want to knit some hats from this book, Tonia offers a class at Stitches & Scones. You'll find yourself knitting on a hat until it is done. They day will be gone before you know it!

Here is a bear hat that I made for Baby Wall.
US Size 5
Partial skein of Dream in Color Classy

Here is the Marley Hat that I made for my nephew Jack.
It came out a little larger than I expected, but he'll grow into it.
US Size 5
1 skein of each color of Dark Horse Fantasy
(This is a great yarn for blankets, but I don't think I would use it again for a hat. Too soft!)

1 comment:

Tom S said...

Wow...super job! Those turned out great.