Saturday, July 4, 2009

Half Pipe Hat

When we ventured down to Bloomington one of the bookstores was having a big sale. I picked up a copy of Son of Stitch N' Bitch for $7!!! I was excited and Patrick liked 3 or 4 sweaters and several of the hats. While he was with me I decided to have him pick out yarn for two of the hats. I used Cascade 220 Heathers for the Half Pipe Hat. It knitted up so fast! I finished it up in a day.

Don't you love his model pose in the first one?
1 skein of Cascade 220 Heathers
US Size 8 (16 inch and DPNs)
Plastic brim sewn in.
I did a long-tail cast on instead of a tubular one.
I also turned the brim under instead of up. I liked the seam better this way.

I knit a lot for Patrick because he does wear the items and really likes them--at least he says he does. : ) Anyway, one of my fall classes will be knitting for him. You will be able to select whatever sweater, hat, scarf, etc that you want to make for the guy in your life (our yourself for all the male knitters out there). Well talk about fit, yarn selection, pattern selection, and how to construct your garment. If you select something small like a hat, you will most likely be able to get through more than one garment in the class.

No comments: