Saturday, June 20, 2009

Birthday Cake Cowl

I've started working on plans for the fall/winter 2009 Stitches & Scones knit-along. Currently, Tonia and I are planning for one centered around our own local designer--Christina Wall. I have gathered my patterns and started with the Birthday Cake Cowl. I used up some leftover Dream in Color in two different colors. I love the effect and how different it looks from other Birthday Cake Cowl's in other yarns. (A few ladies picked up Dream in Color last night to make one of these too.)

If you are local, we have the pattern for sale at the store.
For those of you who are further away, Christina has her patterns available in Ravelry as Classic Cables. More info on the KAL will be coming in the next month.

I edit most of Christina's patterns for her--in exchange for some spinning :). It was a thrill to see two of Christina's designs hanging at the Alpaca with a Twist TNNA booth. I felt a lot of pride for her and just a tad for myself!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I hope you felt a lot of pride for yourself! You are a great tech editor and I couldn't do it without you! Thanks a million, Gina!