Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yarn Crawl Day Two

We are safely back home--cut it a day short because we finished up at the show early. It was SO much fun. After eating some wonderful banana pancakes (I've already asked my little chef if he can recreate them and he did for Memorial Day!), we headed out for the drive up to Wooster. We got there 5 minutes after they opened and started coveting all of the items right away. I had several goals in mind for this trip:

  • Needle felting needles
  • Roving
  • Sock blockers
  • Briar Rose
  • Creatively Dyed
Well, success. I found some great items.

Some roving for needle felting--aren't the colors great?
I plan to use the curls for some Santa beards on something decorative for Christmas.
The green and orange are to make a pumpkin.
The other colors are to try wet felting flowers.
I found the needles in 3, 6, and 12 for a discounted price.

I wanted to pick up a pair of sock blockers.
These are a bonus because they have the needle measurements built in!

If you go to a festival and Briar Rose is there and you only have $ for one booth, spend it here! She has such fantastic yarn and the colors! I picked up yarn to make Patrick a sweater. After all he did for me on this trip, I figured he deserved a beautiful sweater. Of course, I'll be able to wear it as an over sized sweater too. :)

My other favorite vendor booth at these shows is Creatively Dyed. I picked up enough of the Cherry color (shown first above) to make a February Ladies Sweater. The Roses fingering weight yarn is planed to be a Charlotte's Web Shawl. I only wish I could dye yarn like her!

Finally, a few wrap up pictures of the cute alpacas and the wrap up shot. What a great trip. I spent all day Sunday resting after all the excitement!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! Glad you made it back safe and sound. The yarn is beautiful.

Christina said...

What an adventure! both days looked like they were stocked full of fun! What a delight!