Friday, May 15, 2009

Columbine Socks

Most of you know that I'm not a huge sock knitter. I find that knitters either knit sock after sock or they never knit socks. I'm in the rare class that knits a pair or two a year. I always end up knitting some in the spring. Not sure why that happens. It isn't yet the heat of summer to drive heavier yarns out of my hands. I thought briefly it because more sock books are released in the spring, but 90% of the socks I've made are out of one book--the first sock book I ever bought (Cat Bordhi's Socks Soar on Two Circulars).

Here is my latest sock effort. It is the Columbine Peaks sock and I am using the Sock Pixie yarn that Tonia gave me for this past Christmas. It is interesting to see how much black shows up. The skein prior to winding showed almost no black. I think it adds interest to the peaks.

You might also note that I am using Harmony sock DPNs. I started using Cat's book because I needed to knit on circs to get a tight enough gauge. I just couldn't seem to tighten up on DPNs when I first started. Now, I can and like to use them every now and again. You just have to get past the first row...


No comments: