Sunday, May 31, 2009

Birthday Goodies Part II

On Friday Tonia, Nancy, and I had a girls day out to celebrate my birthday and Nancy's 60th. (Just kidding, N. :)) We started off with a lunch at Kelties--yummy mushroom soup and salads.

After lunch we got our toes done.

We made a trip over to Zionsville to shop and have an ice cream treat. We knitted for an hour or so at the parlor and then headed home. One of the fun things about our days together is how much we laugh--big belly laughs, the good ones. We are scheduled to be together the next two weekends for trips. I just might have to take some Motrin for the aches I'll have from laughing too hard!

Of course, a knitter's birthday celebration includes some fun knitting items.

Tonia gave me this pretty skein of yarn from Cherry Tree Hill.

Nancy gave me this beautiful red silk/wool.

I also received some amazing vintage buttons, a glass shawl pin, M1L/M1R stitch markers, Soak, and an abacus bracelet to count rows. Check out pancakeandlulu.etsy.com for the abacus.

A closer view of the buttons that Tonia found at an antique store. It was hard to get a good picture. They are really unique and I can't wait to find just the right project.

Thanks, ladies, for a great day and wonderful friendship!

No comments: