Thursday, May 21, 2009

Babette Blanket Out of Hibernation

I fell in love with the Babette blanket pattern when it came out in Interweave Crochet in Spring 2006. I started working on it last year and then got sidetracked. Recently I felt like crocheting, so I picked it up again and took it out of hibernation. I only have 32 more squares to make before I can arrange them and crochet them together. I'm thinking that this will end up being a wall hanging. I used a lot of yarns that aren't blanket friendly, but I was going for the artist factor. I'm mostly using yarns that I had in my stash. (The original pattern uses all Koigu. I used more DK weights, so I doubled sock weights and mixed them with the DKs.)

Hook: E
Yarns:
Sheep Shop
Cotton thread
Koigu--2 colorways
Chutney in color Orange (from Artfibers)
Cotton Classic
Handmaiden Sea Silk
Panda Silk

No comments: