Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Juliet

I'm a little addicted to the Zephyr Style patterns right now and I noticed how many of my finished sweaters have a lace component. After knitting the Rusted Root, I went straight into knitting this little jewel. Knitted out of stash yarn (Cotton Fleece by Brown Sheep held doubled).


The button shopping for this one was a little interesting. I'm much more conservative when it comes to buttons than my other knitting friends. I never really paid much attention to this style before. I tend to like a clean line in a button and I am very insistent about using shank buttons so that I can knit them into my garment. These little sunflower buttons are on the wild side for me, but I love them and they do a good job of picking up the blue color of the sweater.

No comments: