Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Greencastle Fiber Finds

Tonia, Margo, and I ventured to the Greencastle Fiber Event this year. (After staying the night at Tonia's and going to sleep at 3 am and getting up at 7 am!) It was predicted to be a horrible weather day of wind and rain. We REALLY lucked out and although it was chilly and the wind picked up in the afternoon, we didn't get rained on. It seemed like there were fewer vendors this year, but maybe that was just my memory. Nevertheless, I found plenty to buy, of course. I was on a mission to get needle felting items. The good thing about that is that you can get a lot for a little $ at these events. Here are the goods...

The Yarn

Briar Rose--oh the colors!!!
This was a VERY popular booth.
I purchased 1600 yards of Grandma's Blessing.
It is a sport weight yarn for which I was told there is a
cardigan pattern in development from KnitSpot.

1 skein of sock yarn in variegated red
www.jwraycp.com
I have a beautiful skein in matching colors. I'm thinking shawl...

The FiberA needle felting form for making a bowl/hat.
Riley is VERY curious about this new item.

Lots of fiber to make needle felted bowls and other items.
I don't think I spend more than $15 total on these!
I also purchased a kit to make a needle felted tape measure.

The Rug Hooking
I bought a kit (above) and a pattern on linen (below).
The below pattern is from Hollyhook Hill Designs
(www.hollyhookhilldesigns.com). Beautiful!
Now to get the wool to hook it.

No comments: