Saturday, March 14, 2009

Minature Rug Hooked to Be a Sunflower

Patrick gave me a miniature rug hooking kit for Christmas. I had asked for a small sunflower pattern that I could hook and frame for our downstairs bath, which is yellow and decorated with sunflowers. This is perfect and I hooked it in about 45 minutes (with interruptions). I need to steam it and then figure out a frame. I was happy with how it turned out. I can't wait to pick up some more rug hooking supplies when I visit the many fiber shows I plan to attend this year. I really want to find a brightly colored kit that has some type of ladybug in it. I'd also like to create a Christmas rug. I figure that would probably be my limit for this year.

Do any of you bind and frame rugs? (I know Tonia and Margo will tell me I can do it myself, : ) but I don't really care to even try. Lazy, huh. I'd rather use the time to knit and hook!)

No comments: