Monday, February 2, 2009

Stockings for the Nephews...

One of the great traditions I remember as a kid is my that aunt always had Santa fill a stocking for me at her house. When I found out I was going to be an aunt for the first time (and also knowing I wasn't going to have my own children), I decided to have a stocking for each of my nieces and nephews at my house until they are 18. Well, being a knitter, I had to knit them, right? Aidan's stocking was the first fair isle project I every did. I remember being thoroughly impressed with myself that I knit with two colors in a row AND managed to put his initials on it. It was also the first "sock" I ever knit. It is a great pattern available from Mountain Colors.

Now that baby Jack arrived, I had to find a new and different stocking to make for him. I think I'm going to try and do a technique I've never done before for each one. The new technique for Jack's stocking will be needle felting. I've wanted to try this for a long time and even had the tools to do it. I found this great little kit at Wool & Company in Geneva (great store). The pattern is from www.mybagtelle.com. If all goes well and I enjoy it, maybe I'll have a needle felting stocking class. I wonder if we could get Miss Margo to design us some specialized patterns, huh Margo? :) I'm using Cascade 220 Heathers to knit this up.

Just because I'm still the proud aunt, here are some pix of the two guys.

Baby Jack

Big Boy Aidan (can I say he is already almost as tall as me?!?)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

OMG Gina....little Jack is so cute I could "eat him up"!!! What a doll!