Saturday, February 21, 2009

Needle Felting

I recently knitted a stocking for my nephew Jack. As noted in an earlier post, I plan to make and stuff a stocking for each niece and nephew until they are 18 AND each stocking will include a technique I haven't done before. For Jack, I knitted a felted stocking and then needle felted a Santa on it.

I knitted this a little too loose and it came out HUGE.

However, I felted the hell out of it (about 4 times the normal felting time) and it came out the perfect size. (I'm sure Jack wouldn't have minded if it were larger!)

I then needle felted the Santa on.
I hadn't done this technique before and it was so easy.
I love the finished result. I see lots of needle felting in my future!

2 comments:

Christina said...

It's beautiful! You did a really good job!

Saffron said...

That santa is SO cute!