- I prefer the look of knitting more than crochet.
- I prefer the fast action of crochet.
- I prefer the knitting patterns over most crochet patterns.
- I prefer crochet afghans over knitted ones.
- I have better memories of my grandmothers and aunts when I think of crochet.
- Crochet uses 1/3 more yarn than knitting.
- Knitting only has two stitches.
- Crochet has many stitches and options, but it isn't as exact as knitting so you can fake it more.
- Knitting is an exacting science, more so than crochet.
- Crochet has the little hook so you can go FAST!
- Crochet is MUCH easier to fix if you have a mistake.
- Both are relaxing.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Crochet Versus Knitting
I recently taught a few students how to crochet. I love to crochet--it gives me an immediate satisfaction that I don't always get from knitting. It grows sooooo much faster than the little knit stitch does. I get asked all the time if knitting or crochet is easier and which one I prefer. Here is my standard answer: