Friday, January 30, 2009

Knits for Jack


Yesterday I met my nephew Jack for the first time. He is so adorable and is a cuddle bug. Sheldon the Turtle is happy at home with Jack. Of course, I had to knit up a few hats to keep Jack warm. After all, the kid did come home in zero degree weather! I ordered the Itty-Bitty Hats book several weeks back and planned my "if it is a boy" projects and "if it is a girl projects"--all knit from stash yarn, I might add! Here are two of the knits and the little guy himself!

Simple Baby Hat #2
Knit out of partial skein of Fiesta Boomerang

Stocking Cap
Knit out of leftover Dream in Color Classy

Next up...Vertical Stripes hat out of leftover Tahki Cotton Classic. These are great projects for using up leftover bits and bobs. The hats also go fast, are too cute, and make great gifts. Would be wonderful for charity knitting and stocking up on baby shower gifts.

1 comment:

Christina said...

So cute! What a sweet baby. I love the stocking cap! It's so fun.