Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back to School Vest Is Finished

I've been wanting to make a garment from Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel since I got the book several years ago. I finally gave in and knitted the Back-to-School Vest. I used three balls of Dream in Color Classy in the color Blue Lagoon. (Interestingly enough, after I purchased the yarn I looked in Ravelry to see if anybody else had used Classy. Two other knitters had and we ALL used the same color. How funny.) The vest is knit from the bottom up, in the round until the sleeve division. The top is knitted in what the author labels Waffle stitch, which is a simple K row, K row, K1/P1 row. There are bust darts on the front for extra room. I really liked the pattern and the finished product. It was a very fast knit and I should be able to wear it in winter and spring.


The pattern itself was not difficult, but I did find that the book was written more for someone with a little more knitting experience. For instance, there were a lot of generic instructions (increase here, decrease there) without specific instructions. I found myself playing around with different techniques to find what I liked best and what I would teach newer knitters to do if I ever taught this as a class.

I will definitely be making more items from this book and it motivated me to order Glam Knits.

No comments: