Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wool & Company

This weekend I visited a shop in Geneva, Illinois named Wool & Company. It was a great little store with a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. I have to admit that I was totally checking it out for my dream store I hope to open some day. I loved that they carried so many items that were tied to knitting, but not needles and yarn. For example, little sheep soap, key chains, beautiful bags, fun jewelry, etc. I also liked their selection of bag making items (D rings, O rings, handles, purse feet, etc). I have four felted bags planned for the fall/winter knitting and I just completed two others. It is amazing how hard it can be to find these items in a brick and mortar store versus online. I also really liked their displays. They used bookcases and older pieces of furniture that had a lot of character. It really distinguishes the store from others. They had a WIDE selection of yarns and were well organized. The staff was friendly too.

Sadly, I didn't get to see the rest of the town and shops because I spent my hour and a half in this one store while my family zipped through the other shops. I had no idea I'd been in there that long! Sign of a good store. If you are in the area, I recommend taking the drive to this store. It wasn't far from Schaumburg (site of Stitches Midwest this month).

No comments: