Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving

So, we are preparing to make the long drive out to PA for the holiday. I spent most of Sunday doing laundry (thanks in large part to PK) and wrapping gifts. That's right. I am taking all of the Christmas gifts for immediate family out with me for Thanksgiving. That also means that I have all but PK's Christmas shopping done. I'm so excited! I'm hoping that will keep holiday stress at a low this year.

I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. I've never been with this side of my family for this holiday. It will be really nice to visit, laugh, and hang out. I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures to post at a later date.

Of course, any road trip requires careful planning of knitting and crochet projects. I let myself break my UFO rule. I was sitting in my studio looking through patterns and looked up to see the perfect yarn for a crochet shawl. I started to swatch and that moved into an actual shawl and I'm about 1/3 through it now. My compromise since I broke the rules IS...I must complete the shawl, the holiday pillow, and the pullover sweater over vacation. This still leaves me two projects behind for November. Oh well. The important thing is to keep knocking the ones on the needles out so that I feel more free of them and can start (and finish) new things.

Since I'm rambling, I taught a beginning knitting class on Saturday. It was a full class and I hope that all the students felt like they got enough attention. That first session is the hardest of any knitting/crochet classes I teach. Everybody is nervous and the needles feel so foreign to them. In this class we had a lady from India, South Africa, Chicago, and New York (plus two Indiana ladies). It was a very cool experience to have all the different cultures coming together for a craft. I did have to control myself from peppering the South African student with questions. It is still my favorite trip I've ever taken and I can't wait to go back. Such a magical place.

Well, I'm off for now. Will try to post a little this week, but it is going to be crazy!!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I hope you have a lovely trip! Happy Knitting!