Friday, September 21, 2007

Read for the Record



Yesterday I volunteered as part of Pearson for the Read for the Record program. We went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. We read the story of Ferdinand to the kids and helped them make paper popsicle puppets. It was a lot of fun. Each team had a person dressed up as someone from the book. Everybody got a real kick out of me walking the cow up the ramp.


In the realm of knitting: I've been knitting, knitting, knitting on my Einstein (Not So Warm) coat. The class starts on 10/6, so I want to have at least the bottom portion done by then so that students can see it. I'm also only 10 rows away from having the beaded shawl done. On the home stretch. I'm going to work on my Tess wrap when I get the shawl completed.

We received a new shipment from Universal yesterday and I'm debating about buying the charcoal color to make another top down pullover. It's really a nice color and the yardage per ball is excellent. I'll have to sleep on it.

I was also very excited to see that Berroco has started putting a Crochet gauge on some of the yarn labels. That will be very good for the crocheters who have to constantly convert gauge from the knitting info on the labels. Such a great idea! I hope that more companies start this practice.

Well, back to the Einstein coat. I'm a complete TV junkie while I knit, so I can't wait for previews next week!!!!!

Happy Knitting!

No comments: